|The cover of the first JSoccer Magazine|
The brainchild of Alan Gibson, an English ex-pat living in Japan, JSoccer Magazine will be the only magazine on Japanese football in English.
JSoccer started out with modest goals, but the response from Japan and all over the world has been overwhelming, with the launch pushed back as more people came on board.
The J. League has even endorsed the magazine, opening up a whole new world of possibilities.
The first issue is due out at the end of June and features:
- Exclusive interviews with the present and future of Japan - Yasuhito Endo and Takashi Usami;
- Signed items from Endo and Usami;
- Atsuto Uchida - article and pics;
- Nagoya Grampus - article and pics;
- FC Tokyo - from rags to ruin in just over a year!?;
- Pics from the Team As One match;
- Football Saves Japan!;
- Complete Guide to J1 and J2 teams' web sites;
- English language web sites on Japanese football - the world over;
- Rising Sons - focus on the next generation;
- FC Ryukyu - feature;
- Japanese football - A View From Down Under;
- Unpredictable J.League; and
- Kosuke Kimura - Colorado Rapids
The magazine comes at a cost of only 1000 yen and can be purchased from eBay (click here) or by sending an email to email@example.com who will email a PayPal Invoice.
This is a fantastic step forward for the Japanese game and will help spread the message of Japanese football to the english speaking world.
We encourage everyone to purchase a copy and support what is a fantastic project.