Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Worawi still fumes over allegations

Makudi has been cleared
of any wrongdoing
By Kitinan Sanguansak

Worawi Makudi, the caretaker president of the Football Association of Thailand, admitted his sense of outrage despite being absolved of David Triesman's accusations that he claims has severely damaged his reputation.

“I am still angry by the turn of events. The charges against me were very serious but groundless. It spoiled my reputation, globally. It also affected my family since they felt uncomfortable by the allegations," he said.     

“I never did what he [Triesman] had accused me of doing – asking for TV rights. The talks we had were just a direct conversation between two organisations. I gathered all documentary evidence, which include a letter from the English FA expressing its inability to send an England team to play in Thailand.

“We had no need to request for the TV rights since FIFA regulations clearly state that the rights belong to the host country.

The FAT caretaker chief, currently in Switzerland to attend the FIFA Congress, also said he would go ahead with his plan of filing a lawsuit against Lord Triesman in a British court to seek justice and salvage his reputation.

“After being cleared of any wrongdoing, I call on the Thai media to publish my side of the story and help protect my reputation and the country’s as well," he pleaded. 

“I also would like the media to examine Triesman’s background and why he had to resign from the post as the FA chairman. Last week, my team of lawyers sent a letter to the British parliament, asking for justice in the case.

“In the letter, I also asked Triesman to speak out in the public, which would give me a chance to defend myself. I want to take court action against him and would not let go until justice is done.

 

1 comment:

  1. We are easily understand your blog said. I am really happy. I shared your blog to my friend circle. Thanks Wholesale Printer and Trade Wholesale Printing

    ReplyDelete